Leading projects is a challenge. Leading programs, and a group of projects, is even more challenging. So, what’s the solution? How do we lead a program of programs? In this week’s episode, 6 Considerations When Leading a Program of Programs, I share six things to consider when you’re asked to lead at an even higher level than a program.
Things to Consider:
- Take it up a notch (in view altitude)
- Support your Project Managers to become Program Managers
- Think even more holistically
- Embrace dynamic standards
- Be objective, but provide direction
- Nourish the different personalities
Thank you for reading this write-up and for listening to 6 Considerations When Leading a Program of Programs. Please explore more of https://kevtalkspod.com/ to read and hear more about projects, programs, and portfolios and to hear from the great minds I’ve been fortunate to speak to.
- Have a plan
- Stay informed
- Get involved
📓 Have a plan to keep your team aligned | ℹ Stay informed with facts, not fear or rumors | 🤝 Then get involved so you can make a difference
Kevin Pannell, PMP | Founder of KPannell Productions, LLC | Creator & Host of the KEV Talks Podcast | Principal on the @Pannell5Fit and KEV Talks YouTube Channels
- Submit to be a guest here