In Deploying Devices Efficiently I expand on this LinkedIn post that focused on deploying lots of smart devices efficiently. To start my post I ask, “How does a team deploy over 3,750 net new devices and equipment throughout a health system in 3 weeks?”
The post now has over1,958 impressions (as of Oct 2022) views, so I thought it a good idea to make a podcast episode. In this episode I provide more detail and submit what worked well and some of the challenges of deploying a large number of smart devices and associated equipment across the majority of an organization.
The Foundational 5 Examples for Device Deployment
- Leader’s Intent:
- Provide smart devices and charging stations to clinical areas by date of major system go-live
- Create a standardized process to prepare, stage, store and distribute devices and equipment prior to go-live date
- Sponsor; PM, IT SME; Clinical SME
- People; asset tracking system; equipment; delivery vehicles
- Instant messaging; teleconferences; text; phone calls
Thank you for reading the LinkedIn article, this blog post and for listening to the podcast episode. Please leave a review on Apple Podcasts or your preferred platform and share with others you think may benefit from this and other episodes of the podcast.
Hope is NOT a plan – No Egos – No Silos
#projectmanagement #healthcare #healthcareit #epic #epicrover #people #process #progress