In Four Reasons Why Hierarchy Matters | Foundations Friday #98 I share why I believe and have seen the benefits of having a hierarchy in organizations and on program and project teams.
“An organizational structure carries inherent capabilities as to what can be achieved within its frame.” ― Pearl Zhu, Digital Maturity: Take a Journey of a Thousand Miles from Functioning to Delight
- Shows who’s who
- Functional groups or teams are helpful
- Tells who is accountable
- We need a decision-making escalation point
- Provides protective umbrella
- Team members know who is taking care of them
- Clarifies Unity of Command
- Clarity of reporting to one person
Read more on organizational structures on this site here
Thank you for listening to Four Reasons Why Hierarchy Matters | Foundations Friday #98 and for reading this post. Please subscribe to the podcast and share it with friends and colleagues. Leaving a rating and review on Apple or Spotify will also help give the KEV Talks Podcast more visibility.
Hope is NOT a plan – No Egos – No Silos