In The Definitive Guide to Start Training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu – Part 2, I imported episodes 8-25 of the You-Jitsu Podcast, which was discontinued last week. In this Part 2 of 2 this episode compilation, I walk the listener further into the Jiu-Jitsu journey.
“Always assume that your opponent is going to be bigger, stronger and faster than you; so that you learn to rely on technique, timing and leverage rather than brute strength.” – Helio Gracie
This episode will teach you about:
- Importance of practicing stand up
- Giving White Belts some wins
- How BJJ will call your bluff
- What makes a Blue Belt?
- Listener feedback – Focus on Fundamentals
- Differences between Wrestling, Submission Grappling, and BJJ
- What if you miss the BJJ class?
- That there are levels to BJJ
- Being anxious in BJJ is OK
- Exercises to improve your BJJ
- Importance of a solid base in BJJ
- Top 3 escapes White Belts should know
- 4 Supplements for older grapplers
- Dealing with spazzy training partners
- Importance of getting position before submission
- Moves to practice outside of the BJJ gym
Thank you for listening to The Definitive Guide to Start Training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu – Part 2. I hope this episode was a helpful follow-up to Part 1.
- Have a plan
- Stay informed
- Get involved
Kevin Pannell, PMP | Founder of KPannell Productions, LLC | Creator & Host of the KEV Talks Podcast | Principal on the @Pannell5Fit and KEV Talks YouTube Channels
- Submit to be a guest here
FB / KEV Talks / You-Jitsu / IG / KEV YouTube / Twitter / Pannell5Fit YouTube