If we actively seek hardship in our personal and professional lives we’ll be better prepared for the time when hardship shows up on our doorstep, on the street, in the gym or in our workplace. We can never zero out the risk in this world. Risk from disease, car accidents, violence, taking on new jobs or projects or during an emergency response. What we can do is actively seek out hardship to get us ready.
Ways to seek hardship:
- Project Managers that ask to be assigned to an effort you’ve never worked on before.
- Being out of shape, getting a physical and starting to exercise.
- Starting to train a self defense oriented martial art like Jiu Jitsu, Boxing or Kickboxing to cope with a fear of violence
- Practicing, practicing, practicing pulling hose, throwing ladders, etc. to tamp down the nervousness before your first call as a Firefighter
The work we don’t necessarily want to do, but that we make ourselves do will strengthen us in all areas of our lives.
- Keep pushing.
- Expand your comfort zone.
- Don’t let fear based media keep you in a bubble.
- Live your life.
Thank you so much for tuning into this episode and for reading this post. Please like and share this page, the podcast and leave a review on your preferred podcast platform.
Stay safe, wash your hands and Godspeed,
Kevin Pannell, PMP | Creator & Host, ‘People, Process, Progress’ | Connect and subscribe at https://linktr.ee/peopleprocessprogress
#hardship #fear #innerstrength #exercise #projectmanagement #publicsafety #comfortzone #politics #media #livelife